RadTown Classroom Materials: Radiation Protection
The RadTown Radiation Protection activities introduce students to the history of radiation protection, the concepts and devices used in radiation protection, careers in radiation protection, emergency planning and response, and laws that protect us.
The links below provide background information for teachers, resource lists for student research, and detailed lesson plans with activities and worksheets. These activities are intended for use with middle school and high school students, but can be adapted as desired to fit individual classroom needs.
- Teacher Information
- Vocabulary Activities
- Activity 1: History of Radiation Protection
- Activity 2: Time, Distance and Shielding
- Activity 3: Radiation Warning and Protection Equipment
- Activity 4: Buildings as Shielding
- Activity 5: A Career in Radiation Protection
- Activity 6: Impact of Radiological Emergencies
- Activity 7: Benefits of Radiation