This training module:
- Provides the statutory authority under RCRA and the Clean Water Act directing EPA to develop the MSWLF criteria in title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part 258
- Provides the part 258 effective date and the compliance dates for providing demonstrations to satisfy individual Regulatory requirements
- Identifies the types of facilities that qualify for the small landfill exemption
- Explains the requirements of each subpart in 40 CFR part 258 as they apply to states with EPA-approved municipal solid waste landfill (MSWLF) permit programs and states without approved permit programs
- Compares the MSWLF environmental performance standards described in part 258 to the corresponding requirements for hazardous waste management facilities in part 264, which are generally more stringent
Access other training modules that provide overviews of other specific RCRA regulatory topics here.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- RCRA Training Module: Municipal Solid Waste Disposal Facility Criteria (PDF)(27 pp, 159 K, September 2005, EPA530-K-05-015)