This training module:
- Outlines the requirements and procedures for a state to become authorized to manage and oversee its own RCRA program
- Describes how the state authorization system can affect the applicability of certain rules
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• Specify why states are authorized by EPA and list the elements of an authorized state program
• Identify components of an authorization application and outline the stages of EPA's approval process
• Specify the applicability of Hazardous and Solid Waste Amendments (HSWA) and non-HSWA provisions in authorized and unauthorized states
• Define the effect of the "cluster rule"
Access other training modules that provide overviews of other specific RCRA regulatory topics here.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Introduction to RCRA State Programs (PDF)(16 pp, 49 K, October 2001, EPA530-K-02-020I)