This training module provides a brief overview of some of the major environmental laws that interface with RCRA. This module focuses on seven laws implemented by EPA:
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA)
- Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA)
- Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)
- Pollution Prevention Act (PPA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA, or Superfund).
Access other training modules that provide overviews of other specific RCRA regulatory topics here.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Other Laws that Interface with RCRA (PDF)(27 pp, 112 K, February 2000)