Furniture Manufacturing Sector (NAICS 337)
Furniture is part of the manufacturing sector (NAICS 31 - 33). This sector covers the manufacturing of household and office furniture.
Laws and Regulations
- Formaldehyde Emissions from Pressed Wood Products
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP):
- Metal Furniture (surface coating)
- Wood Furniture (surface coating)
- Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) Program: EPA's program to evaluate and regulate substitutes for the ozone-depleting chemicals.
- RCRA in Focus: Furniture Manufacturing and Refinishing: A guide for small business, includes a hazardous waste table of RCRA requirements and answers to frequently asked questions.
Related Technical Information
- AP 42 - Chapter 10: Wood Products Industry: emission factors and process information for air pollution source categories.