Healthcare and Social Assistance Sector (NAICS 62)
The Health Care and Social Assistance sector comprises establishments providing health care and social assistance for individuals. The industries in this sector include physician's offices, hospitals, medical laboratories, nursing homes, and youth and family service centers.
Laws and Regulations
- Essential Uses of CFCs for Metered-Dose Inhalers: EPA's yearly notice requesting applications from companies who seek allowances to produce or import CFCs for use as propellant in metered-dose inhalers.
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP): air toxics regulations:
- Commercial Sterilizers
- Hospital / Medical / Infectious Waste Incinerators (HMIWI)
- Industrial, Commercial and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters: Area & Major Sources
- Pharmaceutical Production Industry
- Stationary Internal Combustion Engines
- Selected EPA-registered Disinfectants: EPA-registered products effective against human blood borne pathogens.
- Dental Amalgam Effluent Guidelines: mercury in wastewater.
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Effluent Guidelines
- Combustion Portal Exit: compliance assistance center.
- Dental Compliance Assistance Center
- Hospital Compliance Assistance Center
- Veterinary Compliance Assistance Center