Metals Sector: Primary (NAICS 331) and Fabricated (NAICS 332)
The metals sector is part of the manufacturing sector (NAICS 31 - 33). It includes the fabricated metals industry, the iron and steel industry, the metal casting industry, and the nonferrous metals industry.
Laws and Regulations
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP):
- Benzene Waste Operations
- Chromium Electroplating
- Coke Ovens: Pushing, Quenching, & Battery Stacks
- Coke Ovens (Charging, Top Side, and Door Leaks)
- Degreasing Organic Cleaners (Halogenated Solvent Cleaners)
- Electric Arc Furnace Steelmaking Facilities (Area Sources)
- Ferromanganese and Silicomanganese Production (Ferroalloys, Major Sources)
- Industrial Cooling Towers
- Integrated Iron and Steel
- Iron and Steel Foundries (Major Sources)
- Lime Manufacturing
- Metal Can (surface coating)
- Metal Coil (surface coating)
- Metal Furniture (surface coating)
- Paper and Other Web (surface coating)
- Polyvinyl Chloride and Copolymers Production & Area Sources
- Primary Aluminum
- Primary Copper
- Primary Lead Smelting
- Primary Magnesium Refining
- Reinforced Plastic Composites Production
- Secondary Aluminum
- Secondary Lead Smelters
- Iron and Steel Rulemaking Process: effluent guidelines.
- Metal Products and Machinery: effluent guidelines.
- Metal Molding and Casting (Foundries) Effluent Guidelines
- Nonferrous Metals Manufacturing Effluent Guidelines
- Metal Finishing Effluent Guidelines
- Combustion Portal Exit: compliance assistance center.
- Industrial Materials Recycling: Foundry Sand
- Metals Sector Compliance Assistance Exit: including sector profiles and assistance centers.
- Mining and Mineral Processing Compliance Assistance Resources for the Gold and Copper Industries
Related Technical Information
- AP 42 - Chapter 12: Metallurgical Industry - emission factors and process information for air pollution source categories.