Plastics and Rubber Products Manufacturing (NAICS 326)
The plastics and rubber products manufacturing sector (NAICS 326) includes establishments that make goods by processing plastics materials and raw rubber.
The man-made fiber industry (NAICS 422) covers the manufacturing of cellulosic, noncellulosic, and polyester fibers. Since 1953, most man-made fibers are synthetic fibers, so their production falls under plastics manufacturing.
Laws and Regulations
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP):
- Cellulose Products Manufacturing
- Fabric Printing, Coating & Dyeing
- Flexible Polyurethane Foam Fabrication Operation
- Flexible Polyurethane Foam Production
- Flexible Polyurethane Foam Production and Fabrication for Area Sources
- Industrial Cooling Towers
- Metal Coil (surface coating)
- Paper and Other Web (surface coating)
- Printing and Publishing (surface coating)
- Reinforced Plastic Composites Production
- Rubber Tire Manufacturing & New Source Performance Standards
- Combustion Portal: Exit compliance assistance center.
Related Technical Information
- AP 42 - Chapter 6: Organic Chemical Process Industry: emission factors and process information for air pollution source categories, including the plastics industry.