Printing and Related Support Activities Sector (NAICS 323)
- printing, by one or more common processes, such as: lithography, letterpress, flexography, gravure, and screen printing
- platemaking, and
Laws and Regulations
- Federal Environmental Regulations Potentially Affecting the Commercial Printing Industry
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP): air toxics regulations:
- Printing Sector Compliance Assistance Exit: including sector profiles and assistance centers.
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) in Focus: Hazardous Waste Generator Guidance by Industry: A guide for small business, includes a hazardous waste table of RCRA requirements.
Policies and Guidance
- Multimedia Compliance/Pollution Prevention Assessment Guidance for Lithographic Printing Facilities (PDF)(91 pp, 308.8 MB, About PDF)
- Multimedia Compliance/Pollution Prevention Assessment Guidance for Screen Printing Facilities (PDF)(106 pp, 5.3 MB, About PDF)
Related Technical Information
- AP 42 - Chapter 6: Organic Chemical Process Industry: emission factors and process information for air pollution source categories, including printing ink.