Transportation and Warehousing Sector (NAICS 48-49)
The transportation and warehousing sector includes:
- industries providing transportation of passengers and cargo,
- warehousing and storage for goods,
- scenic and sightseeing transportation,
- and support activities related to modes of transportation.
Establishments in these industries use transportation equipment or transportation related facilities as a productive asset.
Laws and Regulations
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP): air toxics regulations:
- Engine Test Cells/Stands (combined with Rocket Testing Facilities)
- Gasoline Dispensing and Distribution (Area and Major Sources)
- Organic Liquids Distribution (non-gasoline)
- Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines (RICE), including area sources
- Vehicles, Engines, and Fuels:
- Effluent Guidelines: Transportation Equipment Cleaning
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES): wastewater permit information:
- Vessel Sewage Discharges and No Discharge Zones
- Border Compliance Assistance Center: Exit information about transporting solid and hazardous wastes from Mexico into the United States
- International Import and Export: including chemical substances, pesticides, and hazardous wastes.
- Port Compliance: Exit compliance assistance center
- Transportation Sector Compliance Assistance: Exit includes sector profiles and assistance centers.
Policies and Guidance
- Polluted Runoff: Roads, Highways and Bridges: includes guidance for managing nonpoint source pollution from transportation infrastructure.