Notice of Cellulosic Waiver Credit Price Calculation for 2017
On this page:
For any year that the projected volume of cellulosic biofuel production is less than the applicable volume of cellulosic biofuel set forth in the Clean Air Act, EPA must:
- Reduce the required volume of cellulosic biofuel for that year to the projected volume; and
- Provide obligated parties the opportunity to purchase cellulosic waiver credits (CWC).
The price of these credits is determined using a formula specified in the Clean Air Act. EPA published a rulemaking in April 2015, stating our intention to establish future CWC prices by posting a notice on the EPA website. This notification is being provided here, and sets the CWC price for 2017 at $2.00.
- Learn more about the Cellulosic Waiver Credit Price Calculation for 2018
- Cellulosic Waiver Credit Price and Minor Amendments: April 2015 Direct Final Rule
- Notice of Cellulosic Waiver Credit Price Calculation for 2017 (PDF)(4 pp, 90 K, EPA-420-B-16-087, November 2016)
- Notice of Cellulosic Waiver Credit Price Calculation for 2016 (PDF) (2 pp, 78 K, EPA-420-B-15-092, November 2015)