Informational Webinar Approaches to Reduce Nutrient Loadings for Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs) Management Request for Applications (RFA)
Date and TimeWednesday 11/06/2019 2:00PM to 3:30PM EST
Registration DeadlineWednesday 11/06/2019 2:00PM EST
Approaches to Reduce Nutrient Loadings for Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs) Management Request for Applications (RFA)
Date: November 6, 2019
Time: 2:00 p.m. -3:30 p.m.
Join us for this informational webinar to hear about the application process and required elements for the Approaches to Reduce Nutrient Loadings for Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs) Management RFA.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as part of its Science to Achieve Results (STAR) program, aims to promote scientific progress towards preventing and controlling HABs by seeking applications proposing research to: (1) determine the effectiveness of existing nutrient treatment technologies; (2) evaluate the scale-up of emerging nutrient treatment technologies and develop new technologies; and (3) develop best management practices to help both rural and urban communities control nutrients in their watersheds.
HABs are a growing concern in the United States. Impacts from HABs include losses in income from recreation and tourism, animal and human illness from exposure to contaminated water or seafood, and expenses related to monitoring, treatment, and control of HABs. In order to prevent and control the occurrence of HABs, new research is needed in a variety of areas to reduce both point and non-point source excess nutrient loading to U.S. waters. EPA is seeking research on nutrient treatment technologies, best management practices, and agricultural conservation practice systems to reduce excess nutrient loadings and thereby prevent and control HABs.
Webinar Objectives/Agenda, Q&A's
- Share General Information about the EPA STAR RFA Approaches to Reduce Nutrient Loadings for Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs) Management (EPA Project Officer)
- Introduce Research Questions (EPA Project Officer and Technical Experts)
- Learn about the administrative, submission, eligibility and peer review processes (EPA Peer Review Officers, EPA Eligibility Contact and EPA Electronic Submissions Contact)
- Questions & Answer Session
This RFA is supported by EPA’s Safe and Sustainable Water Resources (SSWR) Research Program.
You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Approaches to Reduce Nutrient Loadings for Harmful Algal Blooms Management Informational Webinar for Applicants (PDF)(15 pp, 459 K, 11/6/2019)