An official website of the United States government.

This is not the current EPA website. To navigate to the current EPA website, please go to This website is historical material reflecting the EPA website as it existed on January 19, 2021. This website is no longer updated and links to external websites and some internal pages may not work. More information »

Steps For Replacing a Lost Section 608 Technician Certification Card

This page provides information to Section 608 certified technicians on how to replace a lost certification card. EPA does not issue certification cards and cannot replace a lost certification card.

  1. Is your testing organization that issued your certification still in business? Check the list of certifying organizations that are still operating.
    • If yes, contact that organization and get a replacement card. The organization is required to maintain records of cards it issues.
    • If no, go to Step 2.
  2. Do you have documentation from your original testing organization that demonstrates successful completion of the Section 608 technician certification exam? Do you or a current or former employer have a copy of your lost card?
    • If yes, send a copy of your documentation to one of the organizations identified in the box below. The organization will issue you a new card and maintain a record of your certification.
    • If no, go to Step 3.

      Certifying Organizations That Will Replace Cards

      ESCO Institute
      1350 W. Northwest Highway, Suite 205
      Mount Prospect, IL 60056
      (800) 726-9696

      Ferris State University
      1020 Maple St., Rm 117
      Big Rapids, MI 49307-1676
      (866) 880-7674

      Refrigeration Environmental Protection Association (REPA)
      348 Thompson Creek Road, Suite 303
      Stevensville, MD 21666
      (800) 435-3331; Fax: (410) 827-4484

  3. Did you receive your certification from an organization that has gone out of business? Review to the list of certifying organizations that have closed.
  4. If you cannot answer “yes” to any of the steps above, neither EPA nor a certified testing organization will be able to issue a replacement card. You will need to retake the Section 608 certification test. Please go to the Section 608 Technician Certification programs page to find testing organizations which meet your needs.