SepticSmart Week 2015
<< Back to Main SepticSmart Week page
Each year, EPA holds SepticSmart Week with outreach activities to encourage homeowners and communities to care for and maintain their septic systems.
During SepticSmart Week, EPA seeks to inform homeowners on proper septic system care and maintenance, assist local agencies in promoting homeowner education and awareness, and educate local decision makers about infrastructure options to improve and sustain their communities.
Events and Activities
- SepticSmart Week Proclamations:
- Governor Inslee, State of Washington
- Governor Otter, State of Idaho
- Governor Shumlin, State of Vermont
- Governor Brown, State of Oregon
- Governor Nixon, State of Missouri
- General Assembly, State of Pennsylvania
- Proclamation Template: Want to develop a SepticSmart Week Proclamation in your area? Use the proclamation template to get started.
- Events and Activities: Looking to educate community members about the importance of proper care and maintenance of septic systems? Community activities are a great way to educate homeowners, local officials, and others. See some suggested events and activities that can be supplemented with SepticSmart materials.
- Education and Research: Read about the education and research by states and communities about septic systems to protect water quality.