SepticSmart Week 2020
<< Back to Main SepticSmart Week page
Each year, EPA holds SepticSmart Week with outreach activities to encourage homeowners and communities to care for and maintain their septic systems.
During SepticSmart Week, EPA seeks to inform homeowners on proper septic system care and maintenance, assist local agencies in promoting homeowner education and awareness, and educate local decision makers about infrastructure options to improve and sustain their communities.
SepticSmart Week 2020 was held September 14-18, 2020.
- View SepticSmart Week 2020 Outreach Highlights
- View and download the SepticSmart Week 2020 Announcement
- Download the SepticSmart Week 2020 seal
SepticSmart Week Proclamations
Check out the states and leaders who have declared SepticSmart Week 2020 in their communities:
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer, State of Michigan
- Governor Christopher T. Sununu, State of New Hampshire
- Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham, State of New Mexico
- Governor Roy Cooper, State of North Carolina
- Michael Fraser, CEO, Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
- Mike Paque, Executive Director, Ground Water Protection Council
- Russ Chaney, CEO, IAPMO Group
- Bruce E. Fox, President, and Eugene Bassett, Past President, National Association of Wastewater Technicians
SepticSmart Week Quick Tip Videos
The SepticSmart Week Quick Tip videos are designed to educate the homeowner on the importance of properly using and maintaining their septic system, such as how a septic system works, what not to put down the drain, the importance of getting your well water tested, and more.
"Protect Your Septic System!" Magnet
Provide your customers with an easy reminder on what not to flush down their toilet or drain if they have a septic system, and when they should schedule their next service.
Click the link below, select “Get This Item”, then select “Order a Hardcopy”. Fill out the requested information, and click “Submit Order” to order the magnet(s). You can request more than one copy by typing your request in the “Special Instructions” box of the order form. This item is free of charge to the public. Contact the National Service Center for Environmental Publications (NSCEP) for more information/ assistance. NSCEP is available at 1-800-490-9198 during the hours of 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (ET), Monday through Friday.
- Visit our Outreach Toolkit for more SepticSmart materials targeted to homeowners. All materials are free for download and contain print recommendations.