Summary of Northern Ada County (Boise) PM-10 Maintenance Plan
Northern Ada County (Boise), Idaho, was designated as a moderate PM10 nonattainment area upon enactment of the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990.
Idaho submitted a maintenance plan and redesignation request on September 27, 2002 and provided supplemental information on July 10, 2003 and July 21, 2003. EPA proposed the maintenance plan and redesignation request on July 30, 2003 (68 FR 44715 (PDF)(8 pp, 162 K, About PDF)).
On October 27, 2003, EPA approved the Northern Ada County (Boise) PM10 maintenance plan and redesignation request (68 FR 61106 (PDF)(6 pp, 149 K)).
The plan relies on control strategies needed to maintain attainment of the PM10 National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS). The strategy focuses on major stationary sources; paved and unpaved roads; fugitive dust; residential wood combustion; and on-road and off-road mobile sources.
- Boise City Woodburning Ordinance and Boise City Burning Ban Enforcement Procedures, January 1, 1990
- Wood Smoke Control Ordinances for the Cities of Garden City, Meridian, and Eagle, and for Unincorporated Ada County
See EPA Approved State Source-Specific Requirements in the Idaho SIP for copies of permits listed below.
- Permit #001-00115, LP Wood Polymers, Inc., July 12, 2002
- Permit #001-00046, Consolidated Concrete Company, December 3, 2001
- Permit #027-00020, Crookham Company, January 18, 2002
- Permit #001-00168, Double D Service Center, February 4, 2002
- Permit #001-00091, Plum Creek Northwest Lumber, Inc., July 12, 2002
- Permit #T2-000033, C. Wright Construction, Inc., July 8, 2003
- Permit #T2-020029, Nelson Construction Co., July 21, 2003
- Permit #001-00184, Mike’s Sand and Gravel, July 12, 2002
- Permit #T2-020031, Idaho Concrete Co., July 8, 2003
- Permit #T2-020032, Idaho Concrete Co., July 8, 2003
- Permit #T2-020033, Idaho Concrete Co., July 8, 2003
- Permit #027-00010, The Amalgamated Sugar Company LLC, September 30, 2002, revised. See 69 FR 63324.
EPA Effective Date
November 26, 2003