Louisiana SIP: LAC 33:III Ch. 13 Section 1305 - Control of Fugitive Emissions
Louisiana Administrative Code, Title 33 ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY, Part III Air (LAC 33:III)
Chapter 13. Emission Standards for Particulate Matter
Subchapter A. General
Section 1305. Control of Fugitive Emissions
Approved by EPA 03/08/89 (54 FR 09795) at 52.970(c)(49) effective 05/08/89.
Revisions approved by EPA 06/15/89 at 52.970(c)(50) effective 08/14/89.
A. All reasonable precautions shall be taken to prevent particulate matter from becoming airborne. These precautions shall include but shall not be limited to the following:
1. use of water or chemicals for control of dust in the demolition of existing buildings or structures, construction operations, the grading of roads, or the clearing of land;
2. application of asphalt, oil, water, or suitable chemicals on dirt roads, materials stockpiles, and other surfaces which can give rise to airborne dusts;
3. installation and use of dust collectors to enclose and vent the handling of dusty materials. Adequate containment methods shall be employed during sandblasting or other similar operations;
4. open bodied trucks transporting materials likely to give rise to airborne dust shall be covered at all times when in motion;
5. conducting agricultural practices such as tilling of land, application of fertilizers and insecticides in such a manner as to prevent dust from becoming airborne;
6. paving roadways and maintaining the roadways in a clean condition;
7. the prompt removal of earth or other material from paved streets onto which earth or other material has been transported by trucking or earth moving equipment, erosion by water or other means.
AUTHORITY NOTE: Promulgated in accordance with R.S. 30:1084.
HISTORICAL NOTE: Promulgated by the Department of Environmental Quality, Office of Air Quality and Nuclear Energy, Air Quality Division in LR 13:741 (December 1987), as amended in LR 14:348 (June 1988).