Albuquerque SIP: Part 21 (Reg 3. Open Burning) SIP effective 1980-04-10 to 2005-02-28
SECTION 3. OPEN BURNING
(Approved by EPA 04/10/80 (45 FR 24468) at 52.1620(c)(11) effective 04/10/80.)
3.01 Open burning is prohibited with the following exceptions:
A. Open burning is allowed for the following purposes: religious, ceremonial, educational, non-commercial cooking and recreational bonfires.
B. Open burning for the following purposes is allowed between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. with combustion to be completed or extinguished by 4:00 p.m., and then only when the Air Pollution Potential Index is under 50, except that open burning from April 1st through September 30th between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. may be permitted by the authority of the Director only for types of burning specified in paragraphs 3.01 B 1 and 3.01 B 4. Night training of fire fighting and fire rescue-personnel may be permitted by the Director on special request 24 hours in advance of planned night training.
1. Fires set for the purpose of educating or training fire fighting or fire-rescue personnel.
2. Fires set on a field used for growing crops in the course of disposing of unused portions of a crop and intermingled weeds resulting from farming.
3. Burning dried out tumbleweeds.
4. Burning weeds when necessary for the maintenance of flood control channels, irrigation ditches and drains if accomplished by using a hot flame burner, burning weeds which constitute a fire hazard if approved by the appropriate City or County authority.
5. Small outdoor wood fires necessary for the purpose of producing a source of heat, which fires are used in connection with some lawful construction enterprise during the winter months.
3.02 Open burning of animal waste, green plants, leaves, tar products, oil, rubber, plastic or like materials which produce smoke is prohibited even in cases where open burning is otherwise expressly allowed by this section.
*************** end Albuquerque section 3 ***********87l**