Summary of Klamath Falls PM-2.5 Attainment Plan
The Klamath Falls area within Klamath County Oregon was designated nonattainment for PM2.5 on November 13, 2009 (74 FR 58688 (PDF)(95 pp, 491 K, About PDF)) and later classified as moderate on June 2, 2014 (79 FR 31566 (PDF)(218 pp, 1 MB)).
The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality submitted a PM2.5 attainment plan on December 12, 2012.
On December 30, 2014 (79 FR 78372 (PDF)(5 pp, 255 K)) EPA proposed and on August 25, 2015 (80 FR 51470 (PDF)(5 pp, 247 K)) EPA finalized approval the emissions inventory and control measures for the Klamath Falls nonattainment area.
On April 13, 2016 (81 FR 21814 (PDF)(17 pp, 326 K)) EPA proposed and on June 6, 2016 (81 FR 36176 (PDF)(4 pp, 241 K)) EPA finalized the finding of attainment and attainment plan approval for the Klamath Falls PM2.5 nonattainment area.
The plan relies on control strategies needed to assure attainment of the PM2.5 National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS). The strategy focused primarily on control of residential wood combustion through a curtailment program during the winter heating season.
- OAR 340-204-0010 - Definitions
- OAR 340-225-0090 - Requirements for Demonstrating a New Air Quality Benefit
- OAR 340-240-0010 - Purpose
- OAR 340-240-0030 - Definitions
- OAR 340-240-0500 - Applicability
- OAR 340-240-0510 - Opacity Standard
- OAR 340-240-0520 - Control of Fugitive Emissions
- OAR 340-240-0530 - Requirements for Operation and Maintenance Plans
- OAR 340-240-0540 - Compliance Schedule for Existing Industrial Sources
- OAR 340-240-0550 - Requirements for New Sources When Using Residential Wood Fuel-Fired Device Offsets
- OAR 340-240-0560 - Real and Permanent PM2.5 and PM10 Offsets
- OAR 340-264-0040 - Exemptions, Statewide
- OAR 340-264-0078 - Open Burning Control Areas
- OAR 340-264-0080 - County Listing of Specific Open Burning Rules
- OAR 340-264-0100 - Baker, Clatsop, Crook, Curry, Deschutes, Gilliam, Grant, Harney, Hood River, Jefferson, Klamath, Lake, Lincoln, Malheur, Morrow, Sherman, Tillamook, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa, Wasco, and Wheeler Counties
- OAR 340-264-0175 - Klamath County
- Chapter 406 - Klamath County Clean Air Ordinance 63.06, adopted December 31, 2012
- OAR 340-240-0570 - Applicability
- OAR 340-240-0580 - Existing Industrial Sources Control Efficiency
- OAR 340-240-0610 - Continuous Monitoring for Industrial Sources
- OAR 340-240-0620 - Contingency Measures: New Industrial Sources
- OAR 340-240-0630 - Contingency Enhanced Curtailment of Use of Solid Fuel Burning Devices and Fireplaces
- OAR 340-264-1000 - Wood Burning Contingency Measures for PM2.5 Nonattainment Areas
EPA Effective Date
September 24, 2015 and June 6, 2016