Summary of La Grande PM-10 Attainment Plan
The Union County, LaGrande, Oregon, Urban Growth Boundary was designated nonattainment for PM10 and classified as moderate upon enactment of the Clear Air Act Amendments in 1990.
On February 15, 1995, EPA approved the LaGrande PM10 attainment plan (60 FR 8563 (PDF)(3 pp, 121y K)).
On November 5, 1999, Oregon submitted a complete rule renumbering and relabeling package to EPA for approval in the SIP. On January 22, 2003, EPA approved the recodified version of Oregon's rules to remove and replace the outdated numbering system (68 FR 2891 (PDF)(19 pp, 204 K)). The following list refers to the currently approved SIP rules.
The plan relies on control strategies needed to assure attainment of the PM10 National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS). The strategy focuses on control of residential wood combustion, fugitive dust and industrial emissions. Other strategies include progressive programs to further reduce fugitive dust and woodburning emissions.
- OAR 340-240-0300 to 0360 - LaGrande Urban Growth Area
- OAR 340-262-0030 to 0040 - Ban on Used Woodstove Sale
- OAR 340-262-0100 to 0130 - Woodstove Certification Program
- Woodstove Replacement and Home Weatherization Program (1993)
- Winter Road Sanding Control Program, letter of agreement from ODOT, October 28, 1991
City of La Grande Resolution
- Air Quality Improvement Program Resolution 4122, Series 1991, August 7, 1991
Union County Ordinance
- Field Burning Smoke Management Program, Ordinance 1991-6, adopted June 5, 1991
- OAR 340-21-200 to 245 - Industrial contingency requirement for PM10 nonattainment areas
- OAR 340-262-0300 to 0330 - Woodstove Removal on Home Sale
- OAR 340-262-0200 to 0250 - Mandatory Curtailment Authority
EPA Effective Date
March 17, 1995