Summary of Tacoma Particulate Matter (PM-10) Attainment and Maintenance Plans
The Tacoma, Washington, area was designated nonattainment for PM10 and classified as moderate upon enactment of the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990.
On November 29, 2013, Washington submitted a 2nd 10-year maintenance plan ensuring continued maintenance until May 2021, which the EPA approved on August 20, 2014 (79 FR 49239 (PDF)(6 pp, 286 K)).
The plan relies on control strategies needed to assure attainment of the PM10 National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS). The strategy focuses on control of residential woodsmoke, fugitive dust, and industrial source controls.
- WAC 173-433, Residential Wood Combustion Control Program
- PSCAA Regulation I, Article 13, Residential Wood Combustion Control Program
- PSCAA Regulation I, Section 9.15, Fugitive Dust Emission Standard
- Emission Limits for Significant Stack Sources
- PSCAA Regulation I, Section 13.07
EPA Effective Date
May 14, 2001