Summary of Vancouver Carbon Monoxide (CO) Attainment and Maintenance Plans
The Vancouver, Washington, portion of the Portland-Vancouver Air Quality Maintenance Area was designated as nonattainment for carbon monoxide (CO) and classified as moderate upon enactment of the Clean Air Act Amendments in 1990.
The plan relies on control strategies needed to assure maintenance of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Carbon Monoxide. The strategy focuses on an enhanced vehicle Inspection and Maintenance program.
- 40 CFR Part 86, Federal Motor Vehicle Emission Control Program
- WAC 173-422, Motor Vehicle Emission Inspection
- WAC 173-492, Motor Fuel Specifications for Oxygenated Gasoline
- SWCAA 492-010 to 100, Oxygenated Fuels
- WAC 173-422, Motor Vehicle Emission Inspection (early implementation credit)
- WAC 173-433, Solid Fuel Burning Device Standards
- SWCAA 400-111, Requirements for Sources in a Maintenance Plan Area
EPA Effective Date
October 21, 1996