Summary of Yakima Particulate Matter (PM-10) Attainment Plan
Yakima, Washington, was designated nonattainment for PM10 and classified as moderate on August 7, 1987.
The plan relies on control strategies needed to assure attainment of the PM10 National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS). The strategy focuses on control of residential wood smoke combustion.
Yakima Regional Clean Air Agency (YRCAA) Rules:
- Article I, Policy, Short Title and Definitions
- Article II, General Provisions
- Article III, Violations - Orders and Hearings
- Article IV, Registration and Notice of Construction
- Article V, Emissions Standards and Preventative Measures
- Article VIII, Penalty and Severability
- Article IX, Woodstoves and Fireplaces
- Article XII, Adoption of State and Federal Regulations
- Article XIII, Fee Schedules and Other Charges
Resolution No. 5-1993, Wood Stove Buyback Program
EPA Effective Date
March 4, 1998