Summary of Yakima Particulate Matter (PM-10) Limited Maintenance Plan
Yakima, Washington, was designated nonattainment for PM10 and classified as moderate upon enactment of the Clean Air Act Amendments in 1990.
On June 15, 2004, the State of Washington submitted a limited maintance plan and request for redesignation to attainment for the Yakima PM10 Nonattainment Area. EPA approved the limited maintenance plan on February 8, 2005 (70 FR 6591 (PDF)(3 pp, 148 K)).
The plan relies on control strategies needed to maintain attainment of the PM10 National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS). The strategy focuses on major stationary sources; residential wood combustion; paved and unpaved roads; fugitive dust; and on-road and off-road mobile sources.
Yakima Regional Clean Air Agency (YRCAA) Rules:
- Article I, Policy, Short Title and Definitions
- Article II, General Provisions
- Article III, Violations - Orders and Hearings
- Article IV, Registration and Notice of Construction
- Article V, Emissions Standards and Preventative Measures
- Article VIII, Penalty and Severability
- Article IX, Woodstoves and Fireplaces
- Article XII, Adoption of State and Federal Regulations
- Article XIII, Fee Schedules and Other Charges
EPA Effective Date
March 10, 2005