Forestry, Wood and Paper Products Sector Information
The U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Forest Service and EPA are the primary agencies that regulate the forestry, wood and paper products industry. The following links are intended to help Smart Sectors partners and the public learn more about how EPA works with the forestry, wood and paper products sector.
EPA basic regulatory information
- Federal Regulation Finder
- Laws and regulation, compliance and policies and guidance information
- EPA information about the forestry sector
- Resources and certification programs
- Climate Impacts and Risk Analysis Report information about the forestry sector
- ENERGY STAR resources for the pulp and paper manufacturing sector — ENERGY STAR is an EPA voluntary program that helps businesses save energy and money.
- SmartWay Transport — EPA’s SmartWay Transport helps companies advance supply chain sustainability by measuring, benchmarking, and improving freight transportation efficiency. Any company or organization that ships, manages, or hauls freight in its operations can become an EPA SmartWay Partner.
- Sustainable Materials Management Prioritization Tools — Free, life cycle-based tools that offer a starting place to establish priorities for environmental improvement, focus limited financial and human resources where action could offer greater holistic benefit, and consider key industries for collaboration.