Benefits of Becoming a SmartWay Shipper Candidate
A SmartWay Shipper Candidate is a shipper who wants to learn about the SmartWay program, but is not in a position to collect and report detailed freight data.
As a Shipper Candidate you are ready to:
- Educate your carriers about fuel efficiency and freight emissions.
- Incentivize carriers via RFP or contract processes to enroll.
- Encourage carriers to become more efficient.
- Improve your supply chain operational efficiency.
- Set your own freight sustainability goals.
- Educate your management about the opportunities to focus on freight sustainability and the benefits of SmartWay participation.
As a SmartWay Shipper Candidate, your organization can:
Have a dedicated SmartWay Account Manager (SAM) who will:
- Assist with SmartWay Carrier outreach, education, and enrollment.
- Facilitate understanding of SmartWay.
- Provide access to resources regarding freight efficiency strategies and technologies.
- Work with you to understand SmartWay Carrier performance.
Access a customized engagement plan/SmartWay curricula that includes:
- Educational and outreach materials for carrier enrollment.
- Example RFP and contract language.
- Information on creating a SmartWay work group at your organization.
- Talking points for sharing SmartWay with your C-suite.