On January 11, 2021, the US. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed technical revisions and clarifications to the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) for Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Landfills established in the March 26, 2020, final rule. In this action, EPA is proposing technical revisions and clarifications. These changes correct inadvertent errors and clarify:
- Wellhead monitoring requirements for the purpose of identifying excess air infiltration
- Delegation of authority to state, local or tribal agencies for “emission standards”
- Applicability of the General Provisions to affected MSW landfills
- Handling of monitoring data for combustion devices during periods of monitoring system breakdowns, repairs, calibration checks and adjustments.
You can download a pre-publication version and a summary fact sheet for the proposed technical correction below.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Proposed Correction: National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Municipal Solid Waste Landfills Residual Risk and Technology Review (PDF)(33 pp, 387 K, 01/11/2021)
- Fact Sheet - Proposed Corrections to National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Municipal Solid Waste Landfills Residual Risk and Technology Review (PDF)(2 pp, 184 K, 01/11/2021)