Request for Information on Emerging Technologies and Information Collection Request for the Oil and Natural Gas Industry
Voluntary Request for Information on Emerging Technologies
July 18, 2016 - EPA has issued a voluntary Request for Information inviting all parties to provide information on innovative technologies to detect, measure and mitigate emissions from the oil and natural gas industry.
- Notice (PDF) (3pp, 185k) - Federal Register
Draft Information Collection Request for the Oil and Natural Gas Industry
June 3, 2016 - EPA issued a draft Information Collection Request (ICR) to require oil and natural gas companies to provide extensive information needed to develop regulations to reduce methane emissions from existing oil and gas sources. In addition, the agency announced plans to issue a Request for Information to seek information on innovative strategies that can accurately and cost-effectively locate, measure and mitigate methane emissions.
- Notice (PDF) (4pp, 223k) - Federal Register
- Supporting statement for public comment
- Fact sheet and commenting instructions
- Information Control Request (ICR) Part 1 Form: Production Operator Survey(66 K, 2016) (Excel Spreadsheet) Free Microsoft Viewers
- Information Control Request (ICR) Part 2 Form: Detailed Facility Survey(384 K, 2016) (Excel Spreadsheet) Free Microwave Viewers
Information Collection Request (ICR) for the Oil and Natural Gas Industry
April 12, 2016 – EPA is beginning a formal process known as an Information Collection Request (ICR) that requires companies operating existing oil and gas sources to provide information that will assist in the development of comprehensive regulations to reduce methane emissions. This presentation outlines the ICR process, along with the types of sources about which EPA needs additional information. EPA anticipates issuing the first draft of the ICR for public comment this spring.