This page contains an August 2013 document with several signed letters granting the petitions for reconsideration of the area source boiler rule for the following issues:
• The definitions of startup and shutdown periods;
• Alternative particulate matter standard for new oil-fired boilers that combust low-sulfur oil;
• Establishment of a subcategory for limited-use boilers and the applicable standards for thatsubcategory;
• Provision that eliminates further performance testing for particulate matter for boilers whose initial compliance test shows that its particulate matter emissions are equal to or less than half of the particulate matter emission limit; and
• Provision that eliminates fuel sampling at coal-fired boilers that demonstrate compliance with the mercury emission limit by fuel analysis based on the results of the boiler's initial compliance demonstration.
Learn more about the Area Source Boiler Rule.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Signed Letters for Area Source Boiler Reconsideration (PDF)(10 pp, 1 MB, August 5, 2013)