Lean & Environment Toolkit: Appendix D
Pollution Prevention Resources
Canadian Pollution Prevention Resource FinderExit
Search over 1,200 pollution prevention references ranging from fact sheets to case studies. References are searchable by keyword and by specific industrial sector.
Information on Chemicals Under TSCA
Chemicals can be found in many of the products we use in our everyday lives. Some chemicals pose risks to humans and the environment. Under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) and the Pollution Prevention Act, EPA evaluates potential risks from new and existing chemicals and finds ways to prevent or reduce pollution before it gets into the environment. Use this site to get information on chemicals and their regulation under TSCA, on ways to prevent and reduce pollution, and on safer chemicals, products and practices.
Pollution Prevention (P2) Information from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
This comprehensive site includes information organized for different P2 audiences, programs, concepts, and product stages. It contains numerous links to databases, tools, publications, funding opportunities, and regional programs.
Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange (P2Rx)Exit
P2Rx is a national network of regional information centers and resources on pollution prevention including breaking news, research and publications, and regional and national networking opportunities.
- Contents & Acknowledgements
- Chapter 1: Introduction: Getting Started with Lean & Environment
- Chapter 2: Identifying Environmental Waste
- Chapter 3: Value Stream Mapping
- Chapter 4: Kaizen Events
- Chapter 5: 6S (5S + Safety)
- Chapter 6: Conclusion and Implementation Strategies
- Appendix A: Lean Methods
- Appendix B: Basic Environmental Measures for Lean Enterprises
- Appendix C: Lean Event EHS Checklist
- Appendix D: Pollution Prevention Resources
- Appendix E: 6S Safety Audit Checklist