EPA has developed a worksheet to assist participants in combining results from the Sustainable Futures methods into summary level risk assessments. See summary assessment worksheet below (Document #1).
EPA has also developed two examples of completed Sustainable Futures worksheets for the sample chemicals used during training to illustrate the Sustainable Futures methods. See below for worksheets for 1,2-dichloro-4-nitro-5-pentylbenzene and 1,3,5-triazine-2,4-diamine, 6-nonyl (Document #2 and Document #3).
Other documents provide assistance in interpreting the estimations provided by the Sustainable Futures methods and in assigning concern levels based on the EPA's New Chemicals program criteria. See below for interpretive assistance documents for discrete chemicals and polymers (Document #4 and Document #5).
There is additional general information below on how polymers are assessed in EPA's New Chemicals program (Document #6).You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Document #1: Sustainable Futures Summary Assessment Worksheet (blank) (PDF)(13 pp, 33 K)
- Document #2: Completed Sustainable Futures Summary Assessment Using P2 Framework Models for 1,2-dichloro-4-nitro-5-pentylbenzene (PDF)(7 pp, 106 K)
- Document #3: Completed Sustainable Futures Summary Assessment Using P2 Framework Models for 1,3,5-triazine-2,4-diamine, 6-nonyl (PDF)(7 pp, 78 K)
- Document #4: Interpretive Assistance Document for Assessment of Discrete Organic Chemicals (PDF)(20 pp, 175 K)
- Document #5: Interpretive Assistance Document for Assessment of Polymers (PDF)(13 pp, 116 K)
- Document #6: P2 Assessment of Polymers (PDF)(43 pp, 100 K)