A Clean Water Act Section 319(g) Management Conference took place on June 22-23, 2010, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Management Conference was convened by EPA in response to a Clean Water Act Section 319(g) petition from the Northeast states. Under Section 319(g), a state may petition EPA to convene an interstate management conference if the state is not meeting water quality standards in whole or in part as a result of nonpoint source pollution from another state.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Clean Water Act Section 319(g) Petition from Northeast States and Northeast Regional Mercury Total Maximum Daily Load (PDF)(237 pp, 3 MB)
Announcement of Clean Water Act Section 319(g) Management Conference on June 22-23, 2010, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PDF)(3 pp, 2 MB)
Memorandum signed by Denise Keehner, April 26, 2010
- EPA Response to Northeast States’ Petition, April 2010 (PDF)(4 pp, 38 K)
- Conference Agenda (PDF)(2 pp, 22 K)
- Meeting Summary (PDF)(17 pp, 326 K)
- Participant List (PDF)(4 pp, 377 K)
The Northeast Regional Mercury TMDL and the 319g Petition (PDF)(23 pp, 809 K)
Presentation by Beth Card and Susy King, New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission.
Determination of Mercury Deposition Contributions from States Outside the Northeast (PDF)(9 pp)
Presentation by R. Dwight Atkinson, US EPA Office of Water.
Controlling Mercury Air Emissions: Successes and Challenges (PDF)(14 pp)
Presentation by Ellen Kurlansky, US EPA Office of Air and Radiation.
Mercury Reduction in the Northeast: Successes and Challenges (PDF)(18 pp, 518 K)
Presentation by Mark Smith, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection.
- Summary for Northeast States (PDF)(13 pp, 315 K)
- Summary for Eleven States Named in Petition (PDF)(23 pp)