2002 TRI Public Data Release Data Files
The downloadable data files on this webpage contain the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) data for calendar year 2002, originally made available in June 2004, in the 2002 TRI Public Data Release. Please note that these files don't reflect any data revisions or withdrawals submitted by facilities since June 2004. If you're looking for the most current 2002 TRI data, please see the TRI Basic Data Files or TRI Basic Plus Data Files webpages.
These data files include six file types that collectively contain all of the data fields from the TRI Reporting Form R and Form A (except Schedule 1 dioxin information). Files on this page are .exe files containing data presented in tab-delimited .txt format and load easily into many spreadsheet and database applications. For more information about using these files, including detailed descriptions of the data fields, see the Guidance for Using Historical TRI "Basic Plus" Data Files.
The six file types in TRI Basic Plus data files include the following:
- 1: Facility, Chemical, Releases and Other Waste Management Summary Information
- 2a: Detailed Source Reduction Activities and Methods
- 2b: Detailed On-Site Waste Treatment Methods and Efficiency
- 3a: Details of Transfers Off-site
- 3b: Details of Transfers to Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW)
- 4: Details of Facility Information
Note: Quantities of dioxin and dioxin-like compounds are reported in grams, while all other chemicals are reported in pounds.
Click the arrow to select a Basic data file , then click