2009 TRI National Analysis Basic Data Files
The downloadable data files on this webpage contain the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) data for calendar year 2009, originally made available in the fall of 2010. Please note that these files don't reflect any data revisions or withdrawals submitted by facilities since the fall of 2010. If you're looking for the most current 2009 TRI data, please see the TRI Basic Data Files or TRI Basic Plus Data Files webpages.
The "Basic" data files each contain the 100 most-requested data fields from the TRI Reporting Form R and Form A. The data in these files are presented in comma-delimited text format. For detailed descriptions of the contents of these files, see the Guidance for Using Historical TRI "Basic" Data Files. The general types of data included in these files are:
- Facility name, address, latitude and longitude coordinates, and SIC or NAICS codes
- Chemical identification and classification information
- On-site release quantities
- Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) transfer quantities
- Quantities transferred off site for release/disposal and further waste management
- Summary pollution prevention quantities (Section 8 of the Form R)
Click the arrow to select a Basic data file , then click
Note: Quantities of dioxin and dioxin-like compounds are reported in grams; all other chemicals are reported in pounds.