Recent Announcements related to Transportation, Air Pollution, and Climate Change
- January 15, 2021: EPA determines Renewable Fuels and Air Quality Pursuant to Clean Air Act Section 211(v).
- January 15, 2021: EPA proposes the changes to E15 fuel dispenser labeling requirements.
- January 15, 2021: EPA receives petitions for a waiver of the 2019 and 2020 renewable fuel standards.
- January 15, 2021: EPA proposes two actions to adjust the renewable fuel standard compliance dates.
- January 14, 2021: EPA anticipates awarding approximately $46 million in competitive grant funding under the Diesel Emissions Reductions Act (DERA) National Grants Program to support projects aimed at reducing emissions from the nation's existing fleet of older diesel engines. 2021 DERA National Grants Request for Applications (RFA) open until March 16, 2021.
- January 7, 2021: MOVES3 announced in the Federal Register for official SIP development and transportation conformity purposes.
- January 6, 2021: EPA releases Annual Automotive Trends Report.
- December 28, 2020: EPA releases the Gasoline Sulfur Compliance Report.
- December 23, 2020: EPA finalizes emission standards for airplanes and jets.
- December 23, 2020: EPA finalizes test procedures for heavy-duty engines and vehicles; makes regulatory amendments for light-duty vehicles, heavy-duty vehicles, highway motorcycles, locomotives, marine engines, other nonroad engines and vehicles, and stationary engines; and updates the GEM Simulation Model that supports the heavy-duty vehicle greenhouse gas emissions and fuel efficiency rules.
- November 20, 2020: EPA announces a virtual workshop on December 9-10, 2020, on the Fuels Regulatory Streamlining rule ahead of its implementation date of January 1, 2021.
- November 16, 2020: EPA releases an updated and improved emission modeling system – MOVES3.
- November 5, 2020: EPA recognizes 2020 SmartWay Excellence Awardees.
- October 15, 2020: EPA finalizes rule to streamline and consolidate existing gasoline and diesel fuel programs.
- October 7, 2020: EPA releases 2020 SmartWay Shipper Company Partner Tool.
- October 2, 2020: EPA releases updated Port Emissions Inventory Guidance: Methodologies for Estimating Port-Related and Goods Movement Mobile Source Emissions.