TSCA Section 6 Import/Export Requirements for Specific Chemicals
Section 6 of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) contains import and export requirements applicable to some specific chemicals.
- PCBs — Section 6(e) of TSCA prohibits import or export of PCBs. See 40 CFR Part 761 for regulations on the import or export of PCBs. In certain limited circumstances, EPA may grant exemptions to allow import or export of PCBs provided statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
- See the EPA's general PCB Web page for more information on PCBs
- For information on the import or export of PCBs for disposal, contact the EPA's Office of Solid Waste at (703) 308-8404.
- For more information about the import or export of PCBs for use, see this site's Contact Us.
- Read about the national ban on exporting elemental mercury.
- Read about rules regulating asbestos.
In addition to the chemicals listed above, import and export requirements apply to the following two types of chemicals covered by TSCA section 6 regulations: