On May 25, 2018, EPA issued a Federal Register notice announcing information on letter peer reviews of EPA’s 1) Exposure and Use Assessment and 2) Human Health and Environmental Hazard Summary for the five persistent, bioaccumulative, and toxic (PBT) chemicals selected for expedited review under the amended Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). Learn more about the five PBT chemicals selected for expedited review under TSCA.
Preparatory Virtual Meeting
OnJune 25, 2018, EPA held a prepatory virtual meeting for experts selected to serve as letter peer reviewers to comment on and ask questions regarding the scope and clarity of the draft charge questions to be used in completing their reviews.
Written Comments on Peer Review Documents
Charge questions and other documents considered by the peer reviewers are available below and in docket EPA-HQ-OPPT-2018-0314. EPA accepted public comments on these documents through August 17, 2018 in docket EPA-HQ-OPPT-2018-0314 on www.regulations.gov. The list of experts is also available below and in the docket.
Additional information may be found in the docket (www.regulations.gov; docket EPA-HQ-OPPT-2018-0314) or by contacting the Peer Review Leader, Todd Peterson, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-564-6428).
The final peer review responses to the charge questions are available here.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Agenda for June 25, 2018 Preparatory Webcast Meeting (PDF)(1 pg, 44 K)
- Transmittal Memo Letter Review for PBTs (PDF)(2 pp, 260 K)
- Environmental and Human Health Hazard Study for Five PBT Chemicals (PDF)(39 pp, 1 MB)
- Environmental and Human Health Hazard Summary Peer Review Charge Questions (PDF)(2 pp, 369 K)
- Exposure and Use Assessment for Five PBT Chemicals (PDF)(190 pp, 8 MB)
- Exposure and Use Assessment Peer Review Charge Questions (PDF)(2 pp, 367 K)
- Supplemental Information for Exposure and Use Assessment PBTs (PDF)(94 pp, 4 MB)
- Biographical Sketches for Experts to Serve on Letter Peer Review (PDF)(13 pp, 85 K)