Compliance Reporting for Locomotives
Once you have received your certificate of conformity, follow these steps to submit required compliance reports.
STEP 1: Confirm that you have access to EV-CIS.
STEP 2: Update manufacturer information in EV-CIS.
To update information, users must have the "Maintain Manufacturer Information" role in EV-CIS. Otherwise, users will only be able to view the information.
Information to Update
- Industry sector(s);
- Contacts and Industry/Compliance Programs;
- Test labs; and
- Notification email addresses (used for EV-CIS' broadcast notifications).
STEP 3: Review all applicable regulations.
Regulations provide requirements for certification and compliance.
Selected Guidance Letters
STEP 4: Prepare compliance reporting materials.
Download and complete the materials below.
Compliance Reporting Materials
- Averaging, Banking, and Trading (ABT) report template for locomotive engines
Reporting template and user guide.
- Production line testing templates for locomotive engines
Testing template and installation audit template.
- In-use testing template for locomotive engines
- Report forms and guidance for defects and recalls under 40 CFR Part 1068, Subpart F
STEP 5: Submit the completed applicable compliance reporting materials in EV-CIS.
Login to EV-CIS through the CDX portal: Central Data Exchange (CDX)
Submit the completed applicable compliance reporting materials by the required deadlines.
STEP 6: Confirm that your submission(s) from Step 5 were accepted by EV-CIS.
Within a few minutes of all submissions, the submitter will receive a notification in their CDX inbox indicating whether the submission was accepted or rejected.
To access your CDX inbox, click the "Inbox" link on the left navigation bar of the MyCDX homepage.