- Calendar Year 2020 (PDF) (4 pp, 184 K, March 18, 2019, About PDF)
- Calendar Year 2019 (PDF) (4 pp, 49 K, February 20, 2018)
EPA must receive the proper certification fee and fee filing form before starting to review a manufacturer’s certification application for a given test group or engine family.
Please follow the three steps below.
1. Determine appropriate fee.
Fee rates are adjusted each year and apply to the calendar year in which EPA receives the application.
Official documentation of these fees and related information is provided in the guidance letters.
The current rates are provided below.
Table of Fees for Calendar Year 2018
|Category||Industry Sector Codes
(from fifth digit
|Certificate Type||Fee for Calendar Year 2018|
Medium-Duty Passenger Vehicles, excluding ICIs
|A, V, T, J||Federal Certificate*||$27,347|
|Complete Heavy-Duty Highway Vehicles, excluding ICIs||D||Federal Certificate*||$27,347|
|ICIs for the following industries: Light-Duty, Medium-Duty Passenger Vehicles, or Complete Heavy-Duty Vehicles||All Types||$87,860 or 1% of the aggregate retail sales value of the vehicles being certified|
|Heavy-Duty Highway Engines||H, E||Federal Certificate*||$56,299|
|Heavy-Duty Evaporative||F||Evaporative Family Certificate||$563**|
|Highway Motorcycles, including ICIs||C||All Types||$1,852**|
|Nonroad Compression-Ignition Engines, excluding Locomotives, Marine, and Recreational engines||L||All Types||$2,940**|
|Nonroad Spark-Ignition Engines||S, B||All Types||$563**|
|Marine Engines||W, N, M||All Types regulated by 40 CFR Parts 1045 and 94 or Annex VI*||$563**|
|All Nonroad Recreational, excluding Marine engines||Y, X||All Types||$563**|
|Locomotives||K, G||All Types||$563**|
|Equipment and Fuel System Components||P||All Types||$397**|
** Remains at 2016 amount as per 40 C.F.R. 1027.105(c)(2).
2. Fill out online fee filing form.
3. Pay fees.
All payments must be made electronically. You have two options for paying applicable fees.
- Pay your fee as part of the online fee filing form listed above.
This method is preferred since it will streamline your fee submission and decrease delays.
- Pay your fee through an Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment or a wire payment that is external to www.Pay.gov.
Please note that using this method may increase processing time and result in further delays. Review the documents below for more information.
- Instructions for Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment (PDF)(2 pp, 361 K, January 2013)
- Instructions for wire payment (PDF)(2 pp, 22 K, January 2013)