Manufacturer Guidance on Compliance Demonstration with the Emissions Durability Procedures and Regulations
This letter provides guidance on compliance demonstration with the emissions durability requirements.
- The level of information and documentation necessary for EPA review and approval of your emissions durability package;
- Clarification on the equivalency factor (EF) regulatory language;
- Determination of the EF with some sample calculations;
- Requests for durability meetings with EPA under the durability process; and
- An example of the demonstration criteria that may be used by EPA for review and approval of your emissions durability package is included for your convenience.