Application and Testing for SmartWay Verification of Low Rolling Resistance (LRR) Tires and Retread Technologies for Tractors or Trailers
Follow these steps to submit testing information:
Collect required materials.
Once the contact information has been submitted, collect the following testing materials and supplemental information.
When collecting the following materials, do NOT provide a .zip or .rar file.
- A completed copy of the following:
- Copies of the original laboratory test reports (in English translation, if necessary)
- A copy of the laboratory accreditation certificate (in English translation, if necessary)
- Marketing materials for the tire, including:
- Company brochures
- Catalog entries; and
- Current web page.
- Retreads ONLY should include:
- 1 photo showing the tread model stamping on the tread edge; and
- 1 photo showing the tread face.
Submit materials by email.
Submit the Required Materials to the following email address: Tech_Center@epa.gov
Go to the Evaluation phase.
Once all data, test reports, and associated documentation are submitted to EPA, the LRR tire or retread technology will be evaluated in the final phase of verification.
Click this link or the tab above: Evaluation for SmartWay Verification