This retrofit technology is included on EPA's Verified Technologies List for Clean Diesel.
Nonroad, model year 1996-2010, power rating between 100 and 400 hp; particulate matter (PM) certification levels less than 0.25 g/bhp-hr
|Retrofit Fuel, Max Sulfur||15 parts per million (ppm)|
|Reduction in particulate matter (PM)||90%|
|Reduction in nitrogen oxide (NOx)||n/a|
|Reduction in hydrocarbons (HC)||95%|
|Reduction in carbon monoxide (CO)||90%|
The following criteria must be met in order for appropriately retrofitted engines to achieve the aforementioned emission reductions:
- The engine must be operated on ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel (ULSD) of 15 ppm or less.
- The engine must be a model year 1996-2010 nonroad engine with power rating between 100 and 400 hp and particulate matter (PM) certification levels less than 0.25 g/bhp-hr.
- A Donaldson approved dealer will install the Donaldson Emissions Device Monitor with the NR-SEF System to constantly monitor backpressure and temperature on all vehicles equipped with this diesel particulate filter.
- For active regeneration, owners are periodically required to plug in their NR-SEF System to the Regeneration Control Station.
- The engine must be well maintained and not consume lubricating oil at a rate greater than that specified by the engine manufacturer. Crankcase oil burning systems may not be used with this diesel particulate filter.
- The vehicle may not be equipped with an oil burning system and lube oil or other oils may not be mixed with the fuel.
- The engine must not have been originally certified or equipped with a diesel particulate filter.
- Verification Letter (PDF)(2 pp, 391 K, December 13, 2013)