This retrofit technology is included on EPA's Verified Technologies List for Clean Diesel.
4-cycle, constant speed engines, rated at 100-750hp for non-road and stationary applications, certified to Tier 1, 2, or 3
|Retrofit Fuel, Max Sulfur||15 parts per million (ppm)|
|Reduction in particulate matter (PM)||25%|
|Reduction in nitrogen oxide (NOx)||80%|
|Reduction in hydrocarbons (HC)||90%|
|Reduction in carbon monoxide (CO)||90%|
The following criteria must be met in order for appropriately retrofitted engines to achieve the aforementioned emission reductions:
- Baseline engine must be in a certified configuration and operating on fuel with less than 15 ppm sulfur.
- Exhaust temperature data logging will be performed before each installation, and exhaust temperatures must be above 225 degrees °C for at least 30% of the normal duty cycle. As there may be significant variations from application to application, Nett Technologies will review actual engine operating conditions and perform temperature data-logging prior to retrofitting an engine with the SCR system to ensure compatibility.
- Each installation will be equipped with a monitoring system that displays warning lights and error codes visible to the operator, providing urea tank level and diagnostic information.
- The engine/equipment must not be equipped with a crankcase oil burning system.
- The engine should be well maintained and not consume lubricating oil at a rate greater than that specified by the engine manufacturer.
- The engine must not have been originally certified or equipped with a DOC or diesel particulate
- For constant speed engines in stationary applications, Nett Technology Inc. is responsible for working with end-users in determining the engine’s eligibility and compliance with applicable federal, state, and/or local regulations.
- Verification Letter (PDF)(2 pp, 556 K, May 15, 2014)