This retrofit technology is included on EPA's Verified Technologies List for Clean Diesel.
4-cycle, constant speed engines, rated at 100-750hp for non-road and stationary applications, certified to Tier 1, 2, or 3
|Retrofit Fuel, Max Sulfur||15 parts per million (ppm)|
|Reduction in particulate matter (PM)||20%|
|Reduction in nitrogen oxide (NOx)||0%|
|Reduction in hydrocarbons (HC)||80%|
|Reduction in carbon monoxide (CO)||90%|
Criteria to achieve emission reductions
The following criteria must be met in order for appropriately retrofitted engines to achieve the aforementioned emission reductions:
- Baseline engine must be in a certified configuration and operating on fuel with less than 15 ppm sulfur.
- The engine exhaust temperature must achieve at least 200°C at some point in the duty cycle.
- The engine/equipment must not be equipped with a crankcase oil burning system.
- The engine should be well maintained and not consume lubricating oil at a rate greater than that specified by the engine manufacturer.
- The engine must not have been originally certified or equipped with a DOC or diesel particulate filter.
- For constant speed engines in stationary applications, Nett Technology Inc. is responsible for working with end-users in determining the engine’s eligibility and compliance with applicable federal, state, and/or local regulations.
Verification Letter from EPAYou may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Verification Letter (PDF)(2 pp, 374 K, June 12, 2015)