Overview of the Verification Process for Clean Diesel Technology
The verification process for Clean Diesel technology evaluates the performance and durability of retrofits submitted by manufacturers.
- Provides users with confidence that the technology will perform as expected;
- Includes a thorough review of the technology with any supporting test data;
- Quantifies levels of emission reductions and conditions that must be met for technologies to achieve those reductions; and
- Identifies engine operating criteria.
There are four parts to the process:
Part 1: Requirements review
Before applying for verification of your Clean Diesel Technology, there are some important considerations and requirements to review.
- Click this link or the tab above: Requirements
Part 2: Application
Fill out the online application to provide basic information.
- Click this link or the tab above: Application
Part 2b: Supplemental Info for Application
Submit requested technology-specific information.
- Click this link or the tab above: Supplemental Info
Part 3: Testing
Testing consists of selecting a test facility, developing a test plan, and working with EPA to ensure the quality of the testing.
- Click this link or the tab above: Testing
Part 4: Evaluation
Evaluation includes data analysis and interpretation, receipt of a Verification letter, and if accepted, inclusion on the Verified Technologies List.
- Click this link or the tab above: Evaluation