June 29, 2020 - EPA denied a petition for reconsideration of certain aspects of EPA’s September 29, 2017, final rule titled, “Interstate Transport of Fine Particulate Matter: Revision of Federal Implementation Plan Requirements for Texas." After careful review of the petition, EPA is concluding that the petition does not meet the statutory criteria to warrant reconsideration. EPA's response document and a Federal Register notice announcing this action are below.
Related to this action, a Final Rule for Texas' BART FIP was signed on June 29, 2020, which can be found at the following link: 2020 final action amending and affirming Texas SO2 Trading ProgramYou may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Petition for Reconsideration (PDF)(19 pp, 612 K, November 28, 2017)
- Petition Denial Response to Sierra Club (Joshua Smith) (PDF)(20 pp, 358 K, June 29, 2020)
- Petition Denial Response to National Parks Conservation Association (Stephanie Kodish) (PDF)(20 pp, 358 K, June 29, 2020)
- Petition Denial Response to Earthjustice (Charles McPhedran) (PDF)(20 pp, 358 K, June 29, 2020)
- Petition Denial Response to Earthjustice (Michael Soules) (PDF)(20 pp, 358 K, June 29, 2020)