Waste Reduction Model (WARM) Resources for State and Local Government/Solid Waste Planners
Is your municipality considering curbside yard or food waste collection? Do they want to build a new recycling center or incinerator? Maybe even close the current landfill? From distance traveled to the recycling facility to landfill gas collection at your local landfill, the Waste Reduction Model (WARM) can help you compare options to see what is best for your community. Once establish a baseline for what materials you have and how you are currently handling them, you are ready to create new scenarios for the future.
EPA offers additional resources to take things further:
- Sustainable Materials Management – learn more about this systemic approach to using and reusing materials more productively over their entire lifecycles.
- Sustainable Management of Food – learn how to reduce, donate or compost your wasted food.
- Industrial Materials Recycling – learn how to reuse or recycle byproduct materials generated from industrial processes in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Federal Green Challenge – learn to lead by example in reducing the government’s environmental impact.
- WasteWise – a voluntary program designed to help organizations and businesses apply sustainable materials management practices to reduce municipal and select industrial wastes.
- Climate Change – learn how to reduce your greenhouse gas emissions.
- WaterSense – help protect the future of our nation's water supply by finding simple ways to use less water with water-efficient products, new homes, and services.
- ENERGY STAR – save money and protect our climate through superior energy efficiency.