Learn More about Water Quality Data
- Frequent Questions about WQX
- STORET Warehouse Dashboard - unavailable as of June 29, 2018. An alternative application with similar functionality will be deployed in a few months for the Water Quality Portal: WQP_Dashboard_v1.0(4 MB, 9/25/2019) .
- Monitoring, Assessment and Reporting Guidelines - Water monitoring and assessment program information
WQX/STORET Data Assistance
EPA WQX offers you a single point of contact to assist you with any questions or needs for your data submission and retrieval. We are here to help you succeed! For custom support, please request an appointment for individual assistance with a WQX data advisor.
Please note: If you have a basic question, a faster way to get an answer is to chat with us via email WQX Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org). You may request an appointment by emailing or calling WQX Helpdesk 800-424-9067. If you submit an appointment request with dates and times, you should receive both a ticket# and meeting invitation as confirmation.
Need to make, request, or schedule an appointment with a WQX data advisor?
(NO appointment needed for allowable domain values, services, or questions).
WQX/STORET pairs you with a WQX data advisor to assist all aspects of your data submission to EPA, providing custom support to your specific, and program-related needs.
What is "1 on 1" data assistance?
- We provide individualized, in-depth assistance to partners and programs conducting individual or group data monitoring.
- A WQX data advisor will schedule a meeting with you based on your best availability to help you with your project/assignment.
- Open to all WQX/WQX Web users.
- Sessions can last from 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Sessions can be scheduled within the weekday hours of 8am to 7pm EST by appointment.
- If you had a "1 on 1" session, you may also request follow-up assistance via email to WQX Helpdesk (email@example.com).
- If you have a basic question, a faster way to get an answer is to chat with us.
- Water Quality Portal Data Discovery Tool - Allows advanced users to find, filter, view, and analyze water data.
- E-Enterprise Tribal Roadmap for WQX Submissions(1 pg, 547 K) - Excel based tool to guide tribes to document and share their water quality monitoring data
- WQX Excel Analysis Tool(1 pg, 606 K) - Excel based tool originally developed to help tribes determine if their data qualifies for tribal measure SP-14b. The tool pulls data directly from the Water Quality Portal and can be used by any organization to determine where basic water quality exceedance occur.
- WQP_Dashboard_v1.0(4 MB, 9/25/2019) - Excel based tool originally developed to help owners and WQX coordinators determine inventory of data submissions within the last 5 year period. The tool pulls data directly from the Water Quality Portal and can be used by any organization to determine types of data available for download and displaying inventory to bar charted maps.
- User Call - The WQX Team hosts a call on the 4th Thursday of each month, from 12-1 EST, to inform the user community of recent updates and answer user questions. You can view the monthly user call notes at: Monthly Conference Call Notes
- List Serve - To be notified of user calls and water data updates, sign up for our List serve by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe, send another blank email to email@example.com.
- Help Desk Support - The user help desk is available for any WQX and Water Quality Portal related issues or questions. To access the help desk, please contact us at: 1-800-424-9067 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Regional Coordinators - EPA Regional Staff who are knowledgeable on WQX
- STORET/WQX FTP Site - The FTP site provides access to many STORET and WQX related files.
- Exchange Network Grant Program - EPA offers grants to eligible applicants to develop and/or maintain WQX data flow capabilities.
Return to Main Water Quality Data (WQX) Page.
Water quality data submitted from over 400 federal, state and tribal agencies, watershed organizations and other groups are available to support your water quality analyses.
There are two options for you to share your data using WQX. You can choose a standard web-based application (WQX Web) that uses Microsoft Excel spreadsheets or you can choose to create a custom submission application using WQX XML schema through Exchange Network Nodes or Node Clients.