WaterSense labeled homes—like WaterSense labeled products—must be third-party certified to meet EPA's efficiency and performance criteria, which provides residents with confidence. Inspection is a key component of the certification process. The documents below reflect version 1.3 of the certification system for WaterSense labeled homes.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- WaterSense Home Certification System Version 1.3 (PDF)(18 pp, 437 K)
- Explanation of Revisions to the WaterSense Home Certification System (PDF)(4 pp, 660 K)
- Dos and Don’ts for Verifiers of WaterSense Labeled Homes (PDF)(1 pg, 172 K)
- WaterSense Labeled Homes Factsheet Updated (PDF)(1 pg, 580 K)
- WaterSense Labeled Homes Multi-Family Factsheet (PDF)(1 pg, 114 K)