Handling Contaminated Water for Drinking Water and Wastewater Utilities
During a contamination incident utilities will have to handle contaminated water properly. This may include:
- Isolating and treating contaminated water
- Storing treated water and decontaminated infrastructure components
Decontamination will depend on many factors, including:
- The specific contaminant
- Incident and site characterization
- Possible decontamination methods.
The Containment and Disposal Guide contains information on handling contaminated water, including:
- Decision-making flowcharts to aid a field response
- 69 contaminants of concern to the water sector
Read the guide to Containment and Disposal of Large Amounts of Contaminated Water (PDF).
Also, watch our engaging webcast for key decision points when handling contaminated water.
Webcast: Containment and Disposal of Large Amounts of Contaminated Water (MP4)